Bring out your brooms, dust rags, and the vacuum cleaner - it’s that time of the year again - time for your annual spring cleaning and scrub-down. Spring cleaning is like hitting a home reset button. After putting your home through a winter of closed-up windows and stagnant air, house cleaning is the chance to welcome freshness and a tidy retouch to your home.
Cleaning up after accumulating pockets of hidden dust and storing away unnecessary items can become a touch overwhelming for your family. To help you conquer your spring cleaning and give you solid direction on where to start we’ve put together the ultimate house cleaning checklist for spring - just for you, your kids away at college, and even for use in office. This simple checklist gives you solid direction and purpose as you tackle the many cleaning tasks at hand.
Use this checklist or pass it along to get your spring house cleaning in Delray Beach underway effortlessly. Remember that the best ways to handle your spring cleaning needs is to be proactive and to take it one day and room at a time. Give yourself approximately 2 to 3 weeks to complete your spring cleaning.
Start in the Kitchen
Start in your kitchen and progress from there. Your kitchen is likely to take up the most time because it is one of the most used spaces in your home. Your kitchen is likely to give you the most traction and progress during your spring cleaning - which gives you the confidence you need to make your way throughout the rest of your home.
- Remove all food that has expired or has less than one serving size left from your pantry or refrigerator.
- Throw away all the unnecessary stashes.
- Clean all your cutlery, dishes, spoons, bowls everything that you do not use on a daily basis.
- Reorganize your cabinets.
- Take everything out of your fridge and clean thoroughly.
- Give your microwave and oven a good scrub using natural degreasing products.
Get Rid of Clutter
Ridding your home of clutter is one of the most important steps in experiencing the true feeling of a thorough spring cleaning. Organizing and restoring order to your home saves you time and keeps your family from having to find commonly-used items such as scissors, tape, etc.
- Remove unused items and put them aside for donation.
- Vacuum everywhere - closets, behind large furniture, upholstery, under rugs, etc.
- Take out all clothes that are barely worn and set aside for donation.
- Invest in drawer organizers.
- Consider adding shelves and bins to aide in keeping things organized.
- Label bins to help your family maintain order in the coming weeks.
Bathroom Scrub Down
Your bathroom gets as much wear and use as your kitchen. Maintaining a clean bathroom reduces the spread of sickness and ensures healthy hygiene for your family.
- Invest in good quality cleaning products.
- Utilize brushes and scrub pads to tackle soap scum and hard water residue.
- Clean everything from top to bottom including the shower head, wall, floor, sink, and toilet.
- Apply mold-removal spray to prevent mold growth in your bathroom.
- Consider a toilet bowl treatment to keep your toilet fresh and clean in between scrubs.
- Mop the floor with a preferred disinfectant.
- Re-caulk areas as needed.
- Polish all hardware.
- Restock supplies.
Floors, Trash Bins, Woodwork, and Windows
From your ceiling to the floor many parts of your home need a good scrub that is often overlooked on a day to day basis.
- Scrub and clean windows.
- Wipe down dust boards, trim, and stair railing with an all natural disinfectant solution.
- Empty all trash bins and clean with a bleach or disinfectant solution (don’t forget your curbside trash bins).
- Sweep all hardwood floors thoroughly.
- Polish and buff hardwood floors - exercise extra care to avoid slips and falls.
- Vacuum your carpeted areas thoroughly.
- Steam clean high traffic areas such as hallways, stairs, and living rooms.
- Remove stains using proper techniques to avoid damaging carpeted areas.
- Dust all furniture, frames, home decor, and window sills.
- Wipe down or vacuum blinds or window coverings.
Get a Professional Maid Service
We understand time is valuable. You can do all the things above or you can relax or spend time with your family while we do them. Contact us today!